My top three message annoyances:
1. Voice mail treating us like we are 'dum'. I think by now we have all figured out voice mail, is there still a need for the detailed instructions? The receipt's personal message will end and I'll be all fired up for the beep, ready to blurt out my message...yet there is no beep. Instead there are the options: leave a message, listen to your message, page this person, hang up, press 2 for more options, fall asleep waiting for the damn beep. Is it really necessary to tell us that after we leave our message we can then hang up? Were too many confused people hanging on the line that they decided they had to add this instruction? HANG UP!
2. That pre-recorded message when you pull up to a drive thru menu. It always excitedly asks you if you want one of the odd things on the menu that you didn't know existed. And it gets me every time. I always think that this particular chain has hired exceptional, well versed, optimistic, customer friendly employees. The perfect mix of being happy to serve me, cordial and polite...but than the truth surfaces. The real voice of the unhappy fast food worker breaks in to ask for your order. Duped I proceed but I always wonder; Am I supposed to answer the pre-recorded lady? I don't get it.
3. People who have their kids record a message on their voice mail. You've got some kid stammering through a message that no one but their parents can understand and in the background the kid is constantly being prompted on what to say next. 'say good bye....say good bye'. I don't find it cute and no one not related to the kid thinks its cute either. And why is it that every single kid sounds exactly the same? Just stop doing it, its worse than the voice mail lady explaining to me how to leave a message...but at least I can understand her.
No comments:
Post a Comment