
For the first (11) months of the year the automobile industry rolls out basically the same car commercial. Images of their cars at night gliding through downtown streets, zipping through parking garages and inevitably passing through a cool looking tunnel. By day the cars are cruising down isolated highways through beautiful scenery on really curvy roads or in the middle of nowhere speeding alone on some salt flat. Then the calendar flips to December and it all changes. Suddenly the very realistic, there is a Lexus with a giant red bow in the driveway waiting for you, ads kick in. Every time I run outside to dump the trash I expect to see mine in the driveway, I guess I have to wait for someone to 'trick' me into going outside and then it will be there. I can also totally relate to the new Cadillac commercial about 'sibling rivalry'. Yep, uh huh, its just like that in my family, brothers and sisters trying to one up each other by comparing our caddy's. Maybe this year we'll switch things up and work on a clever way to surprise each other with diamonds. After all the only marketing campaign more rational and true to life then the red bows is the spontaneous giving of diamonds.
No comments:
Post a Comment